If a trophy falls on your head in the forest and
there’s no one there to see it, were you recognized?
Recognition Is Social
At its heart – recognition is a social event - and the definition of social is changing. That is what we will be talking about on Tuesday, March 1st at 1:00 pm EST.
Opinions are like...(insert your favorite body part)
I know it will come as a shock to many of you readers, but I have opinions. I also don’t mind sharing them. Come to think of it – social media is kinda like crack for us blowhards isn’t it? But I digress.
A few weeks back a Toronto and Boston based recognition company, I Love Rewards, called and asked me about the future of recognition. I told them. They asked would I be willing to go on record with my opinions and of course, I said yes.
A few more chats, a whitepaper and viola – a webinar is born.
Drawing parallels from the changes businesses have dealt with since the beginning of the industrial revolution (yeah – I go back that far) – to business webs and co-opetition – we’ll talk about how your recognition efforts need to follow that same arc of evolution. I know I found it interesting to put together – and I think you’re find it interesting to be a participant.
I Love Rewards
Now, I don’t recommend one company over another, and I’ve not used I Love Rewards – but their approach to recognition is refreshing and interesting enough to get me to play along with them on this webinar. They are based in Toronto with offices in Boston. I first met them at the HR Technology Conference in Chicago a few years back when that conference overlapped the Motivation Show. I remembered them because I thought it was interesting they eschewed the Motivation Show 100 yards away for space at Bill Kutik’s fete. They do think differently and I think you will find their approach a bit different than a lot of other recognition companies.
Pulling Out My Influence Powers
I want a lot of folks on the webinar Tuesday so I’m going to use my influence super-powers to say this...
- Many, many, many people have already registered (in excess of 300) – if that many people think it’s cool don’t you think you should do it too? (Social Proof)
- Your Mom told me you should do it. So did Pres. Obama. (Authority)
- You like me – right? That’s reason enough. (Liking)
- I give and I give here at the site weekly. Post after post, blood on my keyboard from raw fingers – isn’t that worth spending an hour with me on Tuesday? (Reciprocity)
- You have always been a forward HR and incentive/reward thinker – that’s why you read this blog. You must remain consistent with that history and tune in to hear about Recognition 3.0. (Commitment and Consistency)
- Once it’s over – it’s over. Never to be heard again – kinda like the Beatles performance on the studio rooftop in 1970. Well... not exactly – there will probably be an archived version. (Scarcity)
And to really reinforce it and make you feel bad for not signing up...
5 out of 6?
Sign up - Please...
I have a magic number in my head that I want to hit. When we have that many listeners on the webinar money will start falling from the sky (but only for those that are on the webinar 30 minutes after it starts.) Looking forward to hearing from you all on Tuesday!
Have a great weekend.